Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dermatologist Sydney- Cosmetic Clinic Sydney

Dermatologist Sydney

Seeing Herself Differently at 50

Ginger Martin had worn glasses most of her life. When she had laser surgery last year at the age of 49 and didn't need glasses anymore, she was surprised by what she saw in the mirror. "I looked 10 years older than I thought I did," says Ginger. That eye-opening experience left Ginger wanting to look "more fresh and youthful."

Ginger lives in Marietta, Georgia and has four daughters, four grandchildren and a busy job as the office manager of a real estate title company, where she handles corporate events and entertainment. She has been divorced for 10 years and would like to remarry in the near future. She would also like to increase her self-confidence in her personal life and at work. "I am working again with a lot of younger women," she says. "The competition in the workplace can be trying. I could definitely use a lift."

Fraxel® Laser Treatment has given her the lift she wanted. Ginger received treatment of her face and hands from leading dermatologist Dr. Rutledge Forney of Dermatology Affiliates in Atlanta. After her fifth and final treatment, Ginger is impressed with her results. "The results are amazing. I have no doubt my treatments will improve my self-confidence, both personally and professionally," she says. Ginger has been dieting and exercising since the treatments began to look better overall. "It has given me a boost to be the best I can be at 50," she adds.


Taking The First Step

But she wasn't always so sure. Before her first treatment, she was nervous. She wondered if it would hurt and what she would look like after the treatment. After some internal debating, she gave the go-ahead and had her hands and face treated. Her face stung and then began to puff up in the car on the way home. She stayed in most of the weekend, but over the next few days following treatment, the swelling subsided and she saw improvements in her skin. With Ginger's second treatment seven days later, she had very little swelling. She had a normal, busy weekend, exercising and walking 10 miles with her boyfriend. By her third treatment, the results were really starting to show. "After all of the sun worshipping I did over the years, I doubted that even coarse sandpaper could remove my sun spots! But I was looking great," she says. "My cheeks looked like a baby's."

A little more than a month after her first treatment, Ginger just had two more Friday treatments left. The cumulative results continued to improve through her fourth treatment and then her fifth and final treatment. Swelling and redness that were more typical with the first couple of treatments decreased. "I looked like I had a sunburn. My face was hot, but not blistered or in pain," she says.

For Ginger, her early morning trips to the doctor and some minor discomfort with her first couple of treatments were more than overshadowed by the outcome. "Again, the results have been amazing. My oldest daughter commented on how smooth my face looked. I had a passport photo taken for an upcoming trip to Egypt and my skin looked so refreshed and pretty," says Ginger.

Rutledge Forney, MD

Dermatologist
www.dermatologyaffiliates.com

Dr. Forney received her Bachelor of Arts degree in the field of Management Science from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. In 1996, she graduated cum laude from Emory University School of Medicine. Following her internship in the Department of Medicine at Duke University Medical Center, Dr. Forney served as Resident and Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco. Since 2003, she has been on the Atlanta Medical Association Board of Directors. In addition, she is the President of the Atlanta Dermatological Association. Dr. Forney practices dermatologic surgery at Dermatology Affiliates in Atlanta, Georgia.




Md Cosmedical Solutions
~the cosmedical specialits~
Dr Buddy Paul Beaini
Sydney Shearton Hotel and Wahroonga
Ph: 1300 885 808
www.mdcosmedicalsoltuions.com.au

No comments: